Definitions and Interpretations
Collectively all information that you submit to Executive Transport UK via the website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
A small text file placed on your computer by this website when you visit certain parts of the website and/or when you use certain features of the website. Details of the cookies used by this website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws:
Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Executive Transport UK, ETUK or Us:
Executive Transport UK of Durham Road, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 4HT;
UK and EU Cookie Law:
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or You:
Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Executive Transport UK and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Executive Transport UK and accessing the website in connection with the provision of such services; and
The website that you are currently using, www.etuk.net, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Executive Transport UK is the "data controller". This means that Executive Transport UK determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
c. Job Title;
e. Contact Information such as email addresses, telephone numbers, and travel details;
f. IP address (automatically collected);
g. Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
h. Operating system (automatically collected);
How we Collect Data that iyou give us
7. Executive Transport UK will collect your data in a number of ways, for example:
a. When you contact us through the website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c. When you make payments to us, through this website or otherwise;
d. When you use our services;
Data that is Collected Automatically
8. To the extent that you access the website, we will collect your data automatically, for example:
a. We automatically collect some information about your visit to the website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. We will collect your data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the website, see the section below, headed "Cookies"
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website or services. Specifically, data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. Internal record keeping;
b. Improvement of our products / services;
c. Transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a. Soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide.
c. f you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
12. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we Share Data with
13. We may share your data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. Our employees, agents and/or partners - certain data will be supplied in order to carry out the service;
b. The relevant authorities - we are obliged to keep details of any service supplied for at least 12 months to facilitate in the detection of any crime or complaint by our licensing authority or the police depending on the nature of the incident. We are also obliged to keep records for 6 years for UK tax purposes although these may or may not contain any personal details;
Keeping Data Secure
14. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your data, for example:
a. Access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. We store your data on secure servers.
c. Our email is secure but yours may not be, please refrain from sending sensitive material like credit card information via email.
15. We are PCI DSS compliant. This is to ensure your payments using credit/debit cards via our website, over the phone or in person are secure.
16. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us. You can also contact us by telephone on +44 (0) 1438 222200 or from a mobile on +44 (0) 3303 501228.
17. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
19. Even if we delete your data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
Links to Other Websites
Changes of business ownership and control
26. We may also disclose data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
27. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
29. All cookies used by this website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
30. Before the Website places cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of cookies, you are enabling Executive Transport UK to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of cookies, however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
31. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance. By using our site you agree to allow cookies.
32. This website may place the following Cookies:
Types of Cookies
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to aid you the user, by way of social media, to contact your friends family and colleagues in order to let them know about our website or webpages should you wish to.
33. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the cookies schedule below.
34. You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
35. You can choose to delete cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
36. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
37. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
Cookies on this Website
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/privacyoverview.html
A social interface for our users to let their friends and colleagues to pass on information about us regarding our services/products, our website/webpages.
You should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.
You may contact Executive Transport UK regarding anything about this policy via our contact page, or by phone on +44 (0) 1438 222200 from a landline or +44 (0) 3303 501228 from your mobile.